SAIA aims to promote and maintain the dignity of the profession of architecture by recognising and promoting excellence in architecture and by creating public awareness and debate on architectural issues. The Promotions and Communication activities are merged into one portfolio labelled Marketing.
The focus within SAIA is on six marketing objectives.
- Integrated / centralized organisation for the profession.
- Aspirational and Professional by upholding the constitution and built environment charter in all that we do.
- Communicate nationally and internationally.
- Inform / advise our members.
- Recognise achievements and opportunities.
- Promote architecture and our members (create a successful brand).
Several programmes are in support of these objectives:
- Afrisam SAIA Awards for Sustainable Architecture – Click here for the Awards4SA
- Corobrik SAIA Awards
- SAIA Awards to Individuals
- Student Awards
Conferences / Exhibitions
- Architecture ZA – Click here for ArchitectureZA
- UIA World Congress Durban 2014 – Click here for Durban 2014
- Exhibition Links – Click here for the Robbrecht en Daem Exhibition
- Annual and biennial Reports
Partnerships and Initiatives
- World Architecture Festival – Click here for WAF
- Grand Designs – Click here for Grand Designs
- Conversations on Architecture – Click here for COA
- Loerie Awards – Click here for the Loeries
- Youth in Construction – Click here for Youth in Construction
- Architecture SA
- Digest of SA Architecture – Click here for the Digest
- Awards – Click here to purchase our Awards Books of previous years
- Careers Unlimited – Click here for more information
- Professions and Projects Register – Click here for more information
- Facebook – Click here for Facebook
- Twitter – Click here for Twitter
- LinkedIn – Click here for LinkedIn
- Online directory / database
- Newsfeeds (latest global news)
- Affiliate / Statutory / Education links
- CPD Calendar
UIA News Archive
International Union of Architects (UIA) News Archive
The International Union of Architects is a global network dedicated to the architectural profession. International Union of Architects was founded with the purpose to unite the architects of the world without regard to nationality, race, religion, or architectural doctrine, and to federate their national organisations.
From the 27 delegations present at the founding assembly, the UIA has grown to encompass the key professional organisations of architects in 130 countries and territories, and now represents, through these organisations, more than 1,300,000 architects worldwide. The South African institute of Architects are members of this Union.
SAIA has provided our members with a link to the latest news to come from the UIA so that architects can keep track of the international happenings around the world through our partners.