SAIA aims to promote and maintain the dignity of the profession of architecture by recognising and promoting excellence in architecture and by creating public awareness and debate on architectural issues. The Promotions and Communication activities are merged into one portfolio labelled Marketing.
The focus within SAIA is on six marketing objectives.
- Integrated / centralized organisation for the profession.
- Aspirational and Professional by upholding the constitution and built environment charter in all that we do.
- Communicate nationally and internationally.
- Inform / advise our members.
- Recognise achievements and opportunities.
- Promote architecture and our members (create a successful brand).
Several programmes are in support of these objectives:
- Afrisam SAIA Awards for Sustainable Architecture - Click here for the Awards4SA
- Corobrik SAIA Awards – Click here for the Awards programme
- SAIA Awards to Individuals –Click here for a list of recipients
- Student Awards – Click here for the Student Awards
Conferences / Exhibitions
- Architecture ZA – Click here for ArchitectureZA
- UIA World Congress Durban 2014 – Click here for Durban 2014
- Exhibition Links – Click here for the Robbrecht en Daem Exhibition
- Annual and biennial Reports – Click here for the reports
- Newsletters and Newsflashes – Click here for the newsletter archive
- Why join / benefits? – Click here for our member benefits
- Architecture as a career – Click here for career information
Partnerships and Initiatives
- World Architecture Festival – Click here for WAF
- Grand Designs – Click here for Grand Designs
- Conversations on Architecture – Click here for COA
- Loerie Awards – Click here for the Loeries
- Youth in Construction – Click here for Youth in Construction
- Architecture SA – Click here for the archived Journals
- Digest of SA Architecture – Click here for the Digest
- Awards - Click here to purchase our Awards Books of previous years
- Careers Unlimited - Click here for more information
- Professions and Projects Register – Click here for more information
- Facebook – Click here for Facebook
- Twitter – Click here for Twitter
- LinkedIn - Click here for LinkedIn