Education – Canberra Accord
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession has recently become the latest signatory to the Canberra Accord.
The Canberra Accord was first established in 2008. The accord recognises the substantial equivalency of accreditation/validation of systems in architectural education, i.e. architectural qualifications conferred by accredited/validated architectural learning sites (ALS).
“Substantial equivalency” identifies a programme as comparable in educational outcomes in all significant aspects and indicates that it provides an educational experience meeting acceptable standards, even though such program may differ in format or method of delivery. Substantial equivalence is not accreditation.
The Canberra Accord focuses exclusively on the substantial equivalency of accreditation systems for professional degree programmes in architecture. It does not address matters related to professional registration or “licence to practice”.
The other signatories to the Accord are currently:
- Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA)
- Canadian Architectural Certification Board/Conseil canadien de certification en architecture (CACB-CCCA)
- Mexico – Acreditadora Nacional de Programas de Arquitectura y Disciplinas del Espacio Habitable/Comite para la Practica Internacional de la Arquitectura (ANPADEH/COMPIAR)
- Korea Architecture Accrediting Board (KAAB)
- USA – National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB)
- Australia – The Royal Australian Institute of Architects (RAIA)
CPD Update: Recent SAIA Validations
The following CPD activities have recently been validated by SAIA as SACAP Category One activities:
|Activity Ref||Title of Activity||CPD Credit Value|
|17/21||Radiant Heating and Cooling Ceilings||0.2|
|17/22||Oxford College Road Construction Training Workshop||2.0|
|17/23||Oxford College NEC FIDIC JBCC and GCC Contracts||2.0|
|17/24||Oxford College NEC3 Engineering and C||2.0|
|17/25||Oxford College Construction Regulations 2014 O H S||1.0|
|17/26||Oxford College Estimating Costing and Pricing in Construction Tenders||2.0|
|17/27||Oxford College GCC2015||2.0|
|17/28||Autodesk University 2017||1.0|
|17/29||Alive2Green Sustainability Week||2.5|
|17/30||Walls and Roofs DAS 2017||0.7|
|17/31||The Paving Solution||0.2|
|17/32||What is a Brick?||0.2|